Speaking of music... some suggestions regarding one of last weekend's discussion topics, King Crimson:
- Start with the Adrian Belew years. I recommend the album Discipline. Contains M.'s favorite ("Frame by Frame") and my personal fave, "Indiscipline". On repeated listenings of "Indiscipline", enjoy screaming "I DID!" along with Adrian. Imagine how cool it must be to hear an entire auditorium screaming it in unison with Adrian, and have a brief moment of jealousy towards me for having had that experience. Three of a Perfect Pair is also worth a listen.
- The John Wetton and Greg Lake years are the height of 70's prog, and therefore not for the faint of heart. ;) Lark's Tongues in Aspic has some great moments. (And, of course, a great title.) In the Court of the Crimson King is the classic. And In the Wake of Poseidon should be listened to at least once, if only for "Cat Food".
Now I'm thinking one of the first things I might do when I get my home online access squared away is to create the world's best King Crimson compilation...
1 comment:
OK, basically the New Yorker needs to fire Sasha Frere-Jones (who asked "what the point" of Radiohead was) and hire you. You'd make a fabulous music journalist.
Post a Comment