Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Waxing Sentimental

So Michaela IM's me late yesterday afternoon with "can I just tell you how happy this blog is making me?", and I had to agree. Driving home, I thought more about it, and it's not just the blog. Everytime we all spend a weekend together, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have this group of kindred spirits in my life-- I always feel like a new person when I go back home. Even the work stress I've been feeling lately seems conquerable. (And thanks everyone for listening to my angst, and for all giving me EXACTLY the same advice!) I really do pity people who don't have friendships like ours. Yeah, get out the kleenex... or the sarcasm...

2 comments:

anthony said...

"Yeah, get out the kleenex... or the sarcasm..."

Karen, you're so Gen X, I'm surprised Doug Coupland hasn't based a character on you yet. ;-) That's what we Xers are all about, after all -- sarcasm on the outside and Kleenex on the inside. Smart-ass Sesame Street junkies with squishy hearts of gold and mile-thick firewalls.

Ain't much better in life than good friendships; I'm glad to be surrounded by them too.

By the way, "Kleenex" really should be capitalized so as to preserve brand identity, no? :-p

--K. said...

I was going to say that Kleenex was an accepted dictionary term now, so I didn't have to capitalize it-- but it turns out I'm only half right. I did find it in Merriam Webster online... but it was still capitalized. I stand corrected, send the trademark police after me... and no, I DON'T work for them... :-P