Every so often, the 14 hour days spent at the office and connected to the mothership by VPN and Treo pay off. I was asked at the last moment to travel to Hamburg, Germany, to participate in a meeting with one of our software vendors. Of course I said yes (when would I ever refuse international travel??). So last Monday I flew to Hamburg with 7 of my colleagues, returning this past Friday. Can I just say that I love going to Europe? The good design. The fact that they use green to indicate exit instead of red. The compactness (and not in the Hudson County density sort of way). The funny police sirens. The Smart cars. The good bags. The fact that breakfast buffet to them means fine linens, real silverware, and five kinds of cheese and salami on the breakfast spread. Oh, and since this was a business trip, the fact that I got to do things that I could never afford, like travel business class.
The view of the atrium from my room:

The inner lake in Hamburg, complete with postcard-ready fountain rainbow:

Near the train station:

View of the Altstadt from across the inner lake:

The altstadt:

City hall:

Hamburg at dusk:

(and for Anthony) when in Rome . . .
4 comments:
When in Rome drink gigantic German beer! Now that's a happy face.
Nice. How much better than Columbus! You MORE than deserve it.
Nice pics! And my thanks again to you for taking time out of your jet-setting to try to help me with my excel conundrum.
I did finally, after several more hours of playing with the data, figure out how to get it to display the way I wanted it to. (And my boss was suitably impressed with the result.)
I find that Charts and Color are always a reliable way to impress upper management. (shiney bobbles!)
Post a Comment