I came across
this article in the Times this morning about reading aloud and was immediately transported back to Bates. One of my favorite memories from college is when Stephen and a bunch of people from our section of the dorm sat in the hall outside our rooms while we read aloud from Winnie the Pooh. (My all time favorite reading out loud memory is reading through the entire Chronicles of Narnia, though). Jennie, do you ever have students read out loud in class? If so, do you find that people have trouble with it?
2 comments:
I still love being read to. Noah sometimes reads me short stories while I'm driving during road trips and it's better than any audio book. Being a somewhat strange child/teenager, I used to like to read aloud to myself, too. I can't articulate what it was, exactly, that appealed to me, but I would shut myself up in my bedroom and read aloud for hours.
It is way better than an audio book, it's true, partly because it's interactive. You can stop and laugh and it's fun to make up voices for characters and things like that.
Post a Comment