Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Know I'm Not the Only One to Think It

But I have to say it aloud anyway. Polyphonic Spree is the bizarre love child of Wayne Coyne, Syd Barrett... and Up With People.

11 comments:

Jennie-Rebecca said...

I never consciously thought it, but now that you say it . . .

But Syd Barrett, though? Maybe I don't know his work enough.

Urban Peasant said...

Not possible. Syd Barrett is asexual.

anthony said...

Maybe P-Spree are actually some form of mold, then?

anthony said...

Their lead singer certainly seems like a fun-gi.

(Ba-dum bum. Thanks, thanks everyone, how's your steak?)

--K. said...

Anthony, you scare me. The Syd Barrett reference-- ever listened to Piper at the Gates of Dawn? Specifically "Flaming"? I don't know, I listen to Polyphonic, and the line "lying on an eiderdown" keeps floating to mind, unbidden....

anthony said...

[explains joke]

Bizarre love-child of Coyne and Barrett... Barrett is asexual... molds and mushrooms reproduce asexually... Polyphonic Spree equals mold...

[/explains joke]

Was it the seeming non-sequitur, or just how freaking hilarious I am that scared you?

Urban Peasant said...

Are you sure Barrett doesn't bud like a spongue?

anthony said...

I think it's more of a mitosis thingabob. Leave Syd Barrett alone in a nutrient-rich, moist, neutral-pH environment for a day, he starts dividing all over the place... and POOF... the place is lousy with crazy former psychedelic-rockers.

--K. said...

I got the joke, it was actually the bad pun that scared me. Please stop that. And now, you and Stephen? Well, to paraphrase... "I'm sorry, I understood there was to be no SCIENCE involved here?"

anthony said...

So would you say that we've effectively "blinded" you with science?

--K. said...

I wondered who would be first in with that one. SCIENCE!