I'm pleased to report that, as of this morning, I've signed papers renting a new studio space. It's in a beautifully crummy building in Bridgeport. The building itself has already been bought by developers, who are probably tearing it down; but the closing's not until November... and we're likely to be okay there until February or so. Plans are in the works for the artist community to relocate to another place in town when it's time.
It's just a big blank room in an aging industrial building, but to me it looks like heaven. Time to get back to work!
Actually, that's the fate of the building next door. I have a close-up view of the gutting process from my windows. The one I'm in is almost definitely being demolished... probably for parking spaces... shudder.)
4 comments:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I'll expect the tour when next I'm in CT. :)
Oh! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see it. (The fate of the building is undoubtedly to become luxury condos...shudder)
Actually, that's the fate of the building next door. I have a close-up view of the gutting process from my windows. The one I'm in is almost definitely being demolished... probably for parking spaces... shudder.)
Post a Comment