The gallery just emailed me; a client in Florida has just purchased 12 of the remaining 14 of those little 8" x 16" panels!
I'd decided to let them go to market early this month (as much as I loved having them on our walls), and the gallery had them less than two weeks before someone fell in love with them. Today I got a photograph of the pieces, hung in two columns of 6 each, in a stairwell at the new owner's home.
M. and S. ... that makes you "early adopters." Kind of thrilling, no?
7 comments:
Woo hoo! That is SO exciting!
Always on the bleeding edge are we (he says sitting smugly next to his Apple Newton, Betamax tapes, shares in a monorail company, and a $600 iPhone).
COOL!! Speaking of photos -- did we send you a photo of where the paintings are in the new space? I am quite envious that this other person has two columns of 6 -- that sort of arrangement is what I'd envisioned when I first saw them.
(Oh and for the record, we own none of the devices S. listed...although I do still own my Mac Color Classic from 1993 and set it at my desk at work. I am seriously tempted by the non-phone version of the iPhone, though...)
Come on, I was all set to start singing the monorail song... Monorail! Monorail!
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Color Classic. I wrote my one and only collection of poems on one in Austin, in 1994-95. Valiant little machine.
Wow, you and JR are really waxing nostalgic for Austin this week. :)
Weird, huh? And totally without consulting each other.
Post a Comment